Tips From Honda CEO on Managing Change
An article in the June 16 Wall Street Journal has a lot to say about change.
Accompanying an article about the challenges Honda faces in achieving a “green” image, CEO Takeo Fukui offers five tips for managing change:
1. Create a work environment where all employees can advance and utilize their talents
2. Understand that no one can be satisfied unless the customer is satisfied
3. Achieve the highest quality in all areas through continuous improvement and innovation
4. Develop helpful technology. In the auto industry, for example, work on technology that will benefit the environment and improve fuel efficiency
5. Challenge employees – only then will they learn to adapt quickly, value teamwork, and innovate.
These tips are equally applicable to any workplace. We’ll talk further about change in future posts.